1. Initial Ideation

As a part of the first week's exercise, I started thinking about what I might make for my final year project. According to the handout given during the Level 6 Induction, and IMD final year project needs to fulfill these requirements: Interactivity and coding. This means that I'll need to create something which reacts to a user's input, created with the use of code and digital media. The final year project also needs to demonstrate skill, reflect my interests; be related to my intended career field; fit into a professional portfolio; fit into my available time frame and resource level; and most importantly be memorable to users.

The activity of the first week's lesson was to think about problems we've noticed in a game, app, or museum experience and suggest possible solutions. We also needed to ask the opinions of our classmates to see if they agreed with the problem and proposed solution. Finally, we were asked to think of problems we faced personally and consider making a project to help resolve that issue.

In relation to the theme I've chosen for my Competitions, Festivals, and Exhibitions module, I've been thinking a lot about what connects people, and the issues related to bias and stereotypes.
Keyword generation relating to empathy, and issues related 
A few issues I've decided to explore further are:
- Generational disconnect
- Implicit Bias (race, gender, age)
- Increased nationalistic and fundamentalist sentiment
- Paranoia and mistrust (See it sort it?)
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16. Material Research #1 Sculpting, Silicone Mould Making, Resin Casting

18. Project Technical Equipment and Outcomes