22. Further proof that I can probably do this

After looking through the proposal prospectus document, I realise that there are other skills involved with the artefact that I have not demonstrated in post #21. Because of this, I've decided to list through the other skills needed that I have, that are needed for this project.

Audio equipment/mixing: 
I've produced different types of audio recordings to fulfill a brief for Level 4. The recordings can be found in the link below.
https://soundcloud.com/amelia-liw/sets/project-1

For the level 4 Visions & Wonders module, I've also had to create my own track from a variety of midi tracks, and have a decent competency in FL studio (the interface is still confusing as hell but I can work with it). This second playlist has progressions of track used for the final project. Looking back it sounds unrefined, but which designer likes what they made in the past?
https://soundcloud.com/amelia-liw/sets/v-w

Sculpting: 
As shown in my personal project the Mimic Treasure Chest, I have basic skills in sculpting, and an ability to improvise where needed. Even though I've only worked in cheaper materials such as paperclay, I am fairly confident to be able to learn to work with new materials.

Unity: 
Having made a game using Unity in Level 5, I am moderately familiar with the software and coding language required. In the 2nd TWP project, my team also worked in a game which integrated Arduino with Unity, taking input from the Arduino and having the game respond accordingly. Even though I did not work personally on the game part of that project (I worked on technical wiring and physical components), I know that it can be done, and also know who to ask for help when needed.

Others: 
During level 5, I have applied for and received ethics approval to conduct an online survey for the project to create a desktop and mobile website. I am familiar with the paperwork required, as well as the ethical concerns of the board. For this project, I intend on conducting face-to-face surveys, which I understand require a different level of delicacy and emotional tact.

During the break before coming to UH, I interned at ME.REKA Makerspace for two months, during which I had the chance to work in their wood and metal workshop. I have also gone for the induction for 3D Lab 1 (involving the bandsaw, pillar drill and sanders). I'm fairly confident around the power tools required to build the installation, but will also be careful and take note of safety guidelines.

I think that's about it. I know I have a lot to learn still, but I also think I can do this, with the right planning and getting help wherever I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16. Material Research #1 Sculpting, Silicone Mould Making, Resin Casting

1. Initial Ideation

18. Project Technical Equipment and Outcomes